Sunday, May 3, 2009

Reuse and Recycle

My Chinese take out restaurant uses those white and clear plastic VERSAtainer® containers when I order out. I've noticed that some other restaurants are using them as well instead of the usual paper, styrofoam, or aluminum containers that leak and you can't microwave . They come in various sizes and shapes. Rather than throwing them out, reuse and recycle them! I wash them out thoroughly and reuse them to store left overs or portion control meals that I make. Why pay for Glad®, Ziploc®, Tupperware®, or Rubbermaid® containers when these come with your take out and are for the most part FREE?

When I order soup, I also keep the various sizes of soup containers with the lids if they are in good condition. They come on handy for dry or liquid food items such as cereal, sugar, salt, soup or sauces!


Speaking of GladWare® and Ziploc® plastic containers, pre-sliced deli meats are packaged in them and sold in your local supermarkets. After you finished the deli meats, just reuse/recycle the containers! I've found that they are great for storing small items like buttons, sugar packets, paper clips, etc... They are clear with colored lids for the most part so that you can see what's inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment