Here's a great, tasty, and FAST recipe for pumpkin soup using that canned pumpkin. You can also substitute sweet potato puree or butternut squash puree for the pumpkin. Grating the onion will make the final soup smoother in texture and you won't have to use an immersion blender.
Many of the ingredients listed are traditional fall grocery sale items so you can make this on a budget.
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 29 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- In a saucepan on medium heat, saute the grated onion in olive oil for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, cream, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Bring to a simmer stirring for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and divide into 4 soup bowls.